Stay In Canada After Graduation

Staying in Canada after you graduate is a chance to gain experience in an international environment. Northwestern Ontario welcomes international students to find new opportunities in the region and become a permanent part of our communities.

The Canadian government has recently introduced new policies that allow international students and graduates of Canadian universities to remain in Canada to work after graduation. You may be eligible to apply for a post-graduation work permit within 90 days of completing your degree, allowing you to stay in Canada to live and work. Students with post-graduate degrees are especially well-positioned to take advantage of this and other new opportunities.

Programs for staying in Canada after graduation include:

  • Post-Graduation Work Permit
  • Permanent Residency to Canada
  • Canada Experience Class (CEC)
  • Federal Skilled Worker (FSW) Program
  • International PhD program (FSW)
  • Provincial Nominee Program (Ontario)

To determine your eligibility or to apply for any of these programs, visit the Citizenship and Immigration Canada or Ontario Ministry of Citizenship and Immigration.